Police drug-sniffing dog ODs on evidence

Friday, October 30, 2009

A drug-sniffing dog was recovering in a veterinary hospital -- with his human partner at his side -- after accidentally ingesting methamphetamine, KCAL in Los Angeles reported.

Thousand Oaks Senior Deputy Dean Worthy said that Balu, a 4-year-old German shepherd, had been commanded to search for a bag of drugs near where a suspect had dropped something else.

"He did his job," Worthy says. Balu alerted to a bag of meth.

However, Balu must also have inhaled or licked up some remnants from the bag. Hours later, he had a bad reaction.

Worthy said the dog had a seizure in the back of his patrol car that last more than two minutes.
Link (w/ video)
Follow Blame it on the Voices on Twitter | Blame it on the Voices on Facebook

If you liked this post, you can subscribe to the Blame It On The Voices RSS feed and get your regular fix

0 comentarii:

Post a Comment

Dear spammers! Please note that a nofollow attribute is automatically added to all the comment-related links!

You can use the following HTML tags: <b>, <i>, <a>